Bilbao Ekintza seeks to act or influence the retail network of the city with respect to improving competitiveness mainly through:
- A personalised consultancy service.
- Support in the design of an itinerary to improve competitiveness.
- The offer of training activities and courses linked to specific requirements identified by the team in a variety of areas: Commercial, management, new technologies, etc.
- Promotion of innovation in the retail trade: This area includes the development of the initiative “Bilbao Innovative Retailers”, a laboratory of ideas to promote innovation hand in hand with retailers from the city.
- Labour intermediation: We help the retail trade in the search for the best professionals
In addition, as a supplementary tool, we support the sector with the development of actions to boost trade. In this respect, we organise events or set up projects which help to attract customers to the shops around the city. Projects or initiatives such as Arteshop or Bilbao Gabonak are included in this area of work.